It depends on a wide variety of factors, but the main differentiator is the number of days of use per year. Generally, the more days the boat is in use, the more likely it is that buying will make more financial sense. If you also intend to charter the boat when you don’t use it, it will make even more sense to buy.
Articles in this section
- What if I have questions about how to use the calculator?
- How accurate is the estimate for chartering revenues?
- Is it usually better to rent or to buy?
- Can I print out the results or receive them through email?
- Who can use the calculator?
- Are there any other marine-based rent vs buy calculators or tools out there like this one?
- Will the calculator live only on Sailo.com or is it an embeddable product that could be licensed?
- What factors are taken into consideration when calculating rent vs buy?
- What is the purpose of the calculator
- What can I use the calculator for?