We suggest checking with the captain or boat owner prior to your trip, as each boat owner may have specific thoughts or requirements. As a general rule, we recommend wearing non-marking shoes (e.g., deck shoes or white-soled sneakers), and bringing an extra layer since it is often cooler on the water than on land. Make sure you also bring a hat, sunglasses, and sun protection. Check out our Discover Boating guide for more information.
Articles in this section
- How many people can be on board at the same time?
- What if the captain does not show up or is late?
- What should I bring on a boat rental?
- What type of yacht should I charter?
- Are there life jackets on board?
- What happens if we encounter bad weather on our boating trip?
- How and when do I pay for a boat rental?
- What should I wear on a yacht charter (or boat rental)?
- How long does a boat rental last?
- How do I search for boat rentals?